NEWS FLASH! GVTC is discontinuing support of the online attendance module in Blackboard. With the upgrade to Banner 9, there is an attendance module now available inside of Banner. More information will follow regarding Banner 9 attendance module.
NEWS FLASH! The Blackboard link is now available from the Athens Tech homepage under Resources > E-Learning – Blackboard.
• When you copy any course in Blackboard, make sure you check the content, including all files and links, and the grade center to ensure everything copied and is functioning correctly. If you have questions or concerns, submit a ticket to the CTL.
• Blackboard courses will be available to students on January 6, 2016. Make sure your courses are ready. Be sure to set up your gradebook, upload your syllabus, course content, and whatever else you want to include in your course for spring.
2. The “BB Learn Basics” course is available in your Blackboard course listing – lots of help available 24×7!
• BB Learn Basics Final Assessment is now available to faculty. Complete the assessment and earn 3-hours of professional development. Upon completion of the assessment, submit a ticket to the CTL on the intranet to receive your hours.
3. Blackboard Open Lab @ CTL
• The CTL will be hosting Open Labs 12/7 – 12/18, Monday – Thursday, 1:00-4:30 and Fridays 9:00 – 11:30.
• Stop by F130 anytime between the open lab hours to receive one-on-one Blackboard help.
4. PLEASE encourage students to log into Blackboard and explore the new learning management system.
• All students are enrolled in a Blackboard online learning success course designed to help them succeed in Blackboard. The ‘course’ has instructional videos and provides students with the option to practice what they learn.
• Select this link to view a promotional video and poster created for students by the CTL.
• Spring semester courses will be available to students on January 6, 2016.
5. BB Learn Important Dates¬¬¬¬¬
• December 17: Deadline for merging courses for spring semester. Submit a detailed ticket to the CTL with courses you need merged.
6. Student poster
• Please remember to encourage students to login to Blackboard soon!
Please contact the CTL with your questions or concerns. Submit a HelpDesk request to the CTL on the Intranet. We are here to help!