Fulfilling our mission of supporting faculty in student achievement, the Center for Teaching & Learning (CTL) of Athens Technical College, takes a variety of roles in projects from coordinating educational technology projects to serving as instructional and educational support for ATC faculty. Staff have helped with Caterpillar Job Fairs, Open Access Week, Engineers Week, and other community related events. Faculty, if you need assistance from us, such as help with Blackboard or would like to book an equipment/technology reservation or would like to schedule a consultation, please contact us, using our helpdesk form (Intranet login needed).
- OER / Building a Community of Open : CTL staff are actively involved in facilitating the growth of open technology and open instructional materials from chairing the OER Committee to hosting OER Brown Bag Lunches. CTL was involved in ATC’s application to join the CCCOER (Community College Consortium on OER) – the first college in the state of Georgia to join! CTL staff are actively involved in OER professional activities and have presented numerous times on their OER efforts. Read more about our efforts here.
- Blackboard Migration : CTL staff are guiding faculty through the migration from ANGEL to Blackboard through a targeted custom-created training program in addition to one on one sessions with individual faculty. Read more about Blackboard here.
- Quality Enhancement Plan (QEP): CTL staff have participated in the planning and implementation of the QEP including developing the FSSE 1000 (FirstYear Initiative) Course and producing materials such as the student video. Read more about the QEP here.
- CTL is also heavily involved in the TAACCCT Grant / ATCx3 Consortia: Athens Technical College serves as the hub for the ATCx3 Consortia to develop Engineering programs, with staff from CTL supporting many aspects of the grant from creating instructional materials to developing a Learning Objects Repository. Read more news about this exciting project below!
- Faculty support: Teaching with Technology workshop series; support for flipped classrooms and audiovisual, ANGEL help and training for faculty.