NEWS FLASH! ATC students can now access Blackboard.
1. Checklist – Make sure you can check off these items today! If you can’t check them off, sign up for training and/or contact the CTL with questions or concerns.
We need your help! PLEASE encourage students to log into Blackboard and explore the new learning management system.
- All students are enrolled in a Blackboard online learning success course designed to help them succeed in Blackboard. The ‘course’ has instructional videos and provides students with the option to practice what they learn.
- Select this link to view a promotional video and poster created for students by the CTL. Posters are being posted on all campuses.
- The CTL is collaborating with ATC’s Student Activities to host a “Good-Bye to ANGEL. Hello, Blackboard! event on 12/1/15 – more to follow about this event.
- Spring semester courses will be available to students on January 6, 2016.
REMINDER – Review Spring Semester 2016 course shells and build your spring courses
- If you have prepared a master course for spring, use the copy course function in Blackboard to copy your master course into your teaching course.
- If you do not have a master course and plan to build your course for spring, the spring course shell is ready for you to set up your gradebook, upload your syllabus, course content, and whatever else you want to include in your course for spring.
- Review your Blackboard course list to ensure all spring semester course shells are available to you. If a course is missing, please submit a ticket to the CTL on the intranet.
- Review the “BB Learn Basics” course under your course listing – lots of help available 24×7.
- Submit ANGEL Master course export requests to the CTL Help Desk* – Final deadline to export ANGEL
master courses to Blackboard for spring semester is 12/3/2015. These master courses will be available to
instructors by 12/21/15.
- Submit a ticket to the CTL Help Desk if you need an empty course master shell*
* This is optional, and only applies if you choose to have master course content imported to Blackboard.
2. BB Learn Important Dates
- December 3: Master course export final deadline
- FINAL deadline for exporting courses to BB Learn for spring semester.
- You will be able to continue to export master courses after this date, however, these will not get processed until after the start of Spring 2016
- December 17: Deadline for merging courses for spring semester. Submit a detailed ticket to the CTL with courses you need merged.
3. Upcoming Trainings – sign up on the Intranet!
- November 16: BB Webinar – Discussions, Blogs, Journals, & Wikis [located in the CTL]
- November 16: BB Learn – The Basics [Athens Campus]
- November 16: BB Learn – The Basics [Walton County Campus]
- November 17: BB Grade Center [Athens Campus]
- November 18: BB Express! – Adaptive Release [Athens Campus]
- November 19: BB Express! – Rubrics [Athens Campus]
- November 19: BB Assessments [Athens Campus]
- December 1: BB Webinar – Making the Most of the BB Gradebook [located in the CTL]
- December 4: BB Learn – The Basics [Athens Campus]
Blackboard Open Lab @ CTL
Each Friday we will be conducting an open lab at the Center for Teaching and Learning giving you one-on-one guidance in building and modifying your Blackboard courses. No need to sign up – just stop by!
- 11/20 9am-11:30 am
- 12/04 9am-11:30 am
- 12/11 9am-11:30 am